Ah, the wedge shoe, who doesn’t love them? A pinnacle piece of footwear that appears in every self-respecting lady’s closet. Summer, spring, winter or autumn, no matter the season there’s a wedge sandal or bootie for any kind of weather.
Another reason to love these little triangular shoes is that it doesn’t matter the age (okay, excluding newborns) wedges are everybody’s friend. Even a double left-footed klutz can manage a low wedge – if they’re brazen enough to take them out for a spin.
The only trouble that wedges face is the same thing every clothing or accessory does: trend extinction. Eventually, everything falls out of fashion. So how can you wear a wedge in 2019 and still be trendy this season?
Rock those wedges sista!
Escape with wedges:This season you’ll be seeing adventurous clothing. Travel-inspired digs are in. From touristy tees to natural add-ons (like shell jewelry) and to knitwear. What better way to look like a globetrotter than to strut your stuff in a pair of espadrille wedge sandals for that natural born explorer look.
- Match espadrille wedges sandals with a globally inspired number like a sunny yellow maxi dress. Yellow is the it colour when you’ve got a case of wanderlust!
Bohemian Rhapsody:Another huge trend this season is boho influenced attire. You can look forward to a year of hippie-chic, that means you’ll see a lot of knit, tie-dye, vintage florals, fringe and long sweaters. We can’t think of a better addition to the hippie vibe than a wedge!
- Wear your wedge boots with a knit dress for a very soft and feminine look. If you really want to complete the fun summer look, add a crown of daisies for a touch of whimsy and romance!
Wild for wedges:2019 is the year of wild prints if you’re a feline print lover, then you’ll be pleased to learn wild prints are very much trending! So unretire your leopard print dress, shoes and clutch and put them back into circulation.
- Wild print wash-out: Wear that leopard print dress but why not slip on a pair of leopard wedges too? Bathe in leopard, you’re sure to raise a roar wherever you go.
- A touch of tiger: Too much print can be a bit much for some of us, so dilute the head to toe tiger print by wearing another on-trend number (neutral, black or a bold colour) and cap it off with a tiger print wedge.
Shorts:Shorts are this season’s skirt, from tailored to bike and flouncy florals – you’re going to find shorts everywhere. And the nice thing about shorts, they look fab with wedges!
- Athleisure look: For the Kardashian look slip on your bike shorts, a form-fitting blazer and a pair of wedge booties.
Streetwear formal:We all do it, buy that dress that we plan to wear to all this season’s big formal events – but, it spends too much time lining our closet collecting dust. Because when you bought that gorgeous must-have, you had designs to wear it out with heels as heels scream elegance while wedges suggest laid-back comfort. Break the mould and dress it down with wedges! So, dust off that pretty little number and find a pair of stylish wedges that match – then hit the streets for a street-formal look that’ll surely turn heads!
Trending with Wedges
Even though all good things must come to an end, wedges still haven’t gotten the boot this season. So kick up whatever look you’re rocking by slapping on a pair of wedges!