Dubai, United Arab Emirates; January 23, 2017: It’s the last weekend at Dubai International Marine Club of the travelling street food event: Street Food Market DXB. From January 26 to 28, innovative dishes and house beverages served from stalls and trucks in a parking lot amidst towering buildings will be filled with fun crowd and groovy beats from local DJs once again.
The final week will also witness culinary talents win guests’ palates with their original creations. This is part of Street Food LAB, an initiative by Street Food Market DXB to empower budding chefs and provide them with a platform to showcase their skills. Some of the selected participants are: Stu Tolan, radio presenter at Channel 4 FM, who will surprise guests with ‘Stu’s Happy Hummous;’ Rosan Reodica, Filipino cookbook writer, who will present a savoury snack called ‘Lumpa’ made of thin crepe pastry skin stuffed with unusual fillings such as mac and cheese, Philippine’s famous adobo, and more; while Simy Mathews, who prefers simple food and flavours with not too much going on in a plate and a cooking competition veteran, will prepare ‘New York Street Cart Style Chicken & Rice.’
New concepts to watch out for this weekend:
- Jammin’ Chicken: a new concept being launched at Street Food Market DXB bringing the flavors of Jamaica in juicy succulent jerk chicken
- Copper Wood:offers wood fired oven baked pizza
- Mia Strada: offers a unique experience in Italian Pasta finished off in a cheese wheel
- Al Basta: a selection of signature sandwiches that match the authentic taste of Beirut’s roadside snacks popular in the early 90s, which have endured the test of time and cynicism of the last two decades.
- Nattas: Puff pastry dough filled with custard and served warm with cinnamon and icing sugar – one of Portugal’s great culinary gifts to the world.
- Pies and Fries: provides you with a chance to taste individually crafted gourmet pies and hand-cut fries that will entice your taste buds. From vegetarian to meat eaters to health food lovers to dessert addicts, the wide range available at Pies and Fries is suited for one and all.
From the creators of ground-breaking events Street Nights, Food Truck Jam, and Truckers DXB, the latest foodie event will be held in unexpected places in town and conceived to become the latest addition to ‘must-do’ experiences in Dubai. The event is for adults over the age of 21 and entry fee is 10 AED per person. Opening hours are from 8pm to 2am on Thursday, 12pm to 2am on Friday, and from 4pm to 11pm on Saturday. For more information, follow us on Facebook and Instagram @streetfoodmarketdxb.