This season we embrace the other end of the style spectrum and celebrate the resurgence of Maximalism. Allowing your eclectic side to break loose, you open up the possibilities to think big and experiment with your sartorial choices. Titled ‘Splash Fashion Xcess’, the Summer 2016 fashion show brought together color, embellishments, textures topped with grunge inspiration.
With two sub stories- Mod Maximalism and Grunge Maximalism taking centrestage, a little bit of everything seems just about the right way to enter the season. What you get in the collection is a modern hybrid between neat designs with a maximalist edge.
Exploring a new venue with Asateer, Atlantis, the guests were welcomed into a pre-function area which was nothing short of a feast to the senses. A walk through the tunnel with multicolored heart facets, one was immediately transported to an eclectic dimension. Adorned with mirrors and raw bulbs on either side, the replication of things exemplified the Maximalism theme. The pre-party zone complete with archways and elements inspired by the grunge culture like metal chains set the mood for the show .The energy was palpable with trap and dubstep tunes creating an electric ambiance. Making way into the runway dotted with LED screens, one was able to get a glimpse of the theme through a lucid graphic display. MOS entertainment, a vivacious dance troupe began the after party celebrations with a bang.
The collection presented on the runway will be available from 15th of April in stores while most looks from the catwalk will be available on Splash. You can revisit moments from the show visiting our Splash Facebook page- Splash Fashions.
* Collection note below: The two dominant trends featured at Summer ’16 fashion Show were:
Catering to a set of sophisticated individuals this collection comprises of tailored and oversized silhouettes.
- Fabrics include linen, denim and cotton
- Key pieces include suits, distressed denims and long tees.
- Colors range from pastels to summer darks
- Youth centric with dominant presence of denim, embellishments, biker stud details
- Women make a strong statement in suits sets, skater skirts, asymmetric dresses with eyelet details
- This trend will see colors like gold, gun metal black.
- Distressed denim and a grunge aspect including chain detailing, sequins, studs.
- Fabrics array from net, denim and iridescent material.
- Prints are big too with color blocking, print on print and polka dots for women.