UAE is gearing up to celebrate 43rd National Day. There are events and celebrations planned nationwide, some of which are listed here.
UAE National Day Events
Abu Dhabi Corniche Family Park:
- Dec 1 and 2: Fireworks by Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority; Plaza Area, Abu Dhabi Corniche Family Park; 7pm to 10pm
- Dec 2: Al Forsan Air Show; Abu Dhabi Corniche; 3pm to 5pm
- Dec 2: Fireworks by Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority at 8pm; Concerts at Du Forum by Abu Dhabi Municipality at 9pm onwards
The Galleria, Al Maryah:
- Nov 27 – Dec 7: Entertaining, cultural and family-friendly activities from . Comedian Bin Baz, Abdul Azziz Baz will meet fans for photos on November 27 and 28 from 8-9pm. Emirati graphic designer Fahad Jaber Abdulla will show his work on Level 1. Plus: a live art installation hosted by Anood Obaidly and luxury delights from Godiva.
Nitro Circus at Zayed Sports City:
- The show will do a UAE National Day tribute with a two-hour FMX and BMX stunt show at Zayed Sports City on December 5, 8-10pm. Tricks will also be performed on skates, scooters, a rocking horse, a Barbie car, kids’ tricycles, a bath tub, a Lazy-boy couch, boogie board and more. Tickets from Dh149, at TixBox.com.
National Day concerts:
Fayez Al Saeed and Aryam perform at Shaikh Zayed Heritage Festival stage, Al Wathba, on December 1, 9pm. Aida Al Menhali and Fatima Zahrat Al Ain headline the following night. Madinat Zayed Park will see performances by Hala Turk, Moudad Al Kaabi, Rowaida Al Mahrouqi and Adel Ibrahim on December 1 and 2. All concerts start at 9pm.
Al Bawadi Mall
- Dec 1-2, 4-9pm: UAE Classical Cars festival by Ministry of Culture, Youth and Community Development.
- Dec 1-2, 5-9pm: National Day celebrations.
- Dec 1 and 2: Heritage Village events; Cultural Centre; 10am to 10pm
- Dec 2: School buses parade; morning time
Mirdif City Center:
- Nov 30 – Dec 5: Mirdif City Centre National Day celebrations; 10 am to 10pm
Jumeirah Beach Park:
- Nov 29-30, 10am-5pm: A record-breaking attempt for the world’s longest graffiti scroll. It will be 2,180m long and will resemble the UAE’s map and seven emirates with glimpses from the past to the present. The team includes 100 graffiti artists, 30 of which are Middle Eastern and 20 Emirati. Residents can also join in. On November 29 and 30, at Jumeirah Beach Park. A photo contest at the event will have prizes worth Dh50,000, while more activities will also take place alongside.
- Nov 29, 3-5pm: Parade at Downtown Dubai. Schools, government entities, corporations, associations and bikers’ clubs are among the citizens and residents of the UAE celebrating the 43rd UAE National Day at Mohammad Bin Rashid Boulevard. Free to attend.
- December 1, 3-11pm: Thank You Khalifa & Mohammad Bazaar: A fashion exhibition and bazaar showcasing beauty and art. Designers Eman and Elham Al Falamarzi and Sarah Bint Mohammad will also be exhibiting. At Khan Murjan, Wafi Mall.
- Nov 28: Dubai Grand Parade: A super car and bike parade on November 28, showcasing modified, vintage, exotic and super luxury sports vehicles, starting at 3pm from the Motor Village at Meydan and winding its way through Downtown Dubai past Burj Khalifa to the Burj Al Arab. At Meydan, activities include a remote control car drift competition from 3.30pm, a Guinness world record attempt for the longest selfie relay at 4pm, stunt bike performances from 4pm, light show at 7.30pm, and closing fireworks show at 8pm. Apart from that, there will also be F1 simulators, football contests, street dancers, gaming and kiddie zones, live entertainment and food and hospitality. Doors to the motor festival open at 2pm. Free entry. Details at dubaigrandparade.com and motorfestival.ae.
- Dec 1, 5pm to 9pm: Folkloric shows from around the Gulf, cartoon character shows by embassies, and Ministry of Culture, Youth and Community Development; Burj Khalifa Garden.
- Dec 1, 8pm onwards: Emirati stars in concert by Ministry of Culture and Youth; Burj Khalifa Garden theatre.
Mall of the Emirates:
- Nov 29 – Dec 4: A dedicated exhibition until November 29 demonstrates the UAE’s arts culture, an emerging Emirati artist will be conducting a live art workshop, painting a 2.5-metre tribute to the UAE. Plus: Emirati dance performances, costumed marching band, stilt walkers and chances to meet the characters from the popular children’s shows Freej and Khosa Bosa, until December 4.
- Dec 1, 10am: GEMS students, staff and parents make a world record attempt for a UAE National Anthem performance by over 100 nationalities, at Gems Wellington Academy, Dubai Silicon Oasis.
- Dec 1, 5-8pm: Main event in Dubai’s National Day celebrations by Dubai National Day Celebrations Committee; Umm Suqeim, facing Burj Al Arab.
- Dec 1-2, 8-8.30pm: Fireworks; Khor Dubai, facing Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Dec 1 and 2, 4-8pm: A kids’ parade featuring over 40 Emirati children, all dressed in the UAE flag colours, will march through The Dubai Mall’s ground floor reciting the National Anthem.
- Dec 1-3, 7pm – midnight: Meydan Hotel: Synchronised laser projection around the grand entrance.
- Dec 1-3, 7pm – midnight: Meydan Beach: A laser show at the JBR Walk.
Dubai Outlet Mall
- Dec 1-3, 10 am- midnight: Entertainment including Ayala dancing, Arabic music, a live painting exhibition in UAE flag colours under the theme of “MY UAE” by UAE-based artists on December 2 and a treasure hunt.
- Dec 1, 10am onwards: 9th Family Festival by Fujairah Municipality.
Heritage Village / Fujairah Fort:
- Dec 1-2, 10am onwards: Heritage Village celebrations; near Fujairah Fort.
- Dec 2, 4.30pm: UAE map in the colours of the UAE flag by Fujairah Social and Cultural Association.
Ras Al Khaimah
- Dec 1-2, 9am to 2pm: My Country’s Landscapes exhibition
Al Hamra Mall:
- Dec 1-2, 4pm to 10pm: National Day events and celebrations.
Al Hamriya Arts Centre:
- Dec 1, 10am to 12pm: National Day drawing workshop.
- Dec 1, 10am to 10pm: National Day celebrations, shows and competitions.
- Dec 2, 10 am to 10pm: Spirit of the Union exhibition.
Sharjah’s Marine Museum
- Dec 1, 8pm: A Country’s Journey operetta; Sharjah’s Marine Museum organised by the Museums Department.
- Dec 2, 2pm: Sea Parade
Sharjah City Center:
- Dec 1, 11.30am: The finale of Arts of C arts workshop, where a collection of the final C-shaped artworks by artists from Emirates Fine Arts Society will be unveiled to commemorate National Day.
Jazirat Al Alam theatre:
- Dec 2, 8pm: Musical with a number of local actors and singers.
Umm Al Quwain
- Dec 1-2, 5-pm: National Day events and celebrations.